This was one of my first videos. It jumps around a lot. This is a recap of the most important points, written over a year after filming, you’re welcome.
- Here’s a little tip if you’re going to experiment with Trader Joes cauliflower gnocchi: it needs more than just olive oil and Maldon salt, ok? I have yet to purchase it a second time.
- This video was inspired by a realization I had just moments before turning on the camera. It was the first time I realized what Maya Angelou meant by “If someone shows you who you are the first time, believe them.” Although, I have a little different solution for dealing. Basically: How someone does one thing is how they do everything. Our habits bleed into every corner of our lives. If someone runs away while facing doubt, it’s likely this pattern happens when they fear anything. Last year I would have ran. Why? Because I used to be a runner. Now I stick through it with people. Why? Because I didn’t want to be a runner anymore. The more you run, the more shallow your connections. I always have the run strategy to come back to if I need it.
- Has anyone ever told you what or who you are? That used to bug the shit out of me. If you didn’t ask for a critique, don’t listen. You can pretty much assume the other person is controlling and lacks self confidence. If you like the person or want to be friends ask questions to better understand where they are coming from. Under no circumstances deny the accusation. Agree with them. Claim it. Your self confidence will mindfuck them.
- If I asked Gary Vaynerchuck for advice 6 years ago and his response was “Follow your own voice” I would tell him to “Go Fuck Yourself Gary.” I agree with him but that kind of advice is as annoying as someone telling you the answer to everything is to “love yourself” when you don’t. I didn’t know what my voice was, I didn’t know what it sounded like. But that type of advice is so annoying to people like me that it plants a seed. A seed that suggests I might have a voice. That it might be dying to be discovered. So, what if all the voices I heard weren’t mine?
- Another hot food tip: Justin’s Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups are delicious. Place in the fridge during the summer. Yum.